Israeli Official Incitement: March 2020
Israeli Official Incitement: March 2020
Israeli Incitement Reports
April 02, 2020
Israeli Official Incitement: March 2020
This report includes examples of recent inciting statements by senior Israeli officials, including parliament members, against particularly the indigenous Palestinian citizens of Israel and their representatives in the Israeli Parliament (Knesset). Following the Israel elections, held on 2 March 2020, and on the onset of official talks to form the new Israeli government, Israeli senior officials have been leading a fierce wave of incitement against the MKs of the Joint List party.
I. The Indigenous Palestinian Citizens of Israel
Avi Dichter-Deputy Minister of ‘Defense’, MK Likud posted a video showing Samy Abu Shahadeh, MK Joint List party, saluting the mothers of Palestinian prisoners for their steadfastness (Facebook, 25 March)
“Gantz and Ashkenazi 1, another partner of yours in the Knesset: Knesset member Samy Abu Shahadeh from the National Democratic Assembly party, salutes mothers because their sons are terrorists who murdered Israelis! Blue and white, the rubbish bin of the politics in Israel is awaiting you if you rely on them.”
Benjamin Netanyahu- Prime Minister, MK Chairman of Likud party (Facebook, 24 March)
“Kahol Lavan2 be ashamed, representatives of the Joint List party are heading the committee 3 which deals with the rights of terror victims, the bereaved families among other legislative amendments regarding Israeli Arab terrorists’ families (…)”
Gilad Erdan - Minister of Public Security, Minister of Strategic Affairs, Minister of Information, MK Likud (Twitter4 , 20 March)
“The Joint List does not recognize our right to establish a Jewish state (…) it is clear why the inciter of terror Odeh, the chairman of the Joint List party, is attempting to erase Jews’ linkage to the Temple Mount 5 the most sacred site to our people. Whoever forms the government of the Jewish state while relying on the supporters of our enemies – will be disgracefully mentioned in history.”
Tzipi Hotovely- Minister of Diaspora Affairs, MK Likud (Twitter, 16 March)
“(…) I call upon Gantz the chairman of Blue and White party: instead of replacing Edelstein 6, form an emergency government now, not a shameful government which relies on terror supporters, the public won’t forgive those who are seeking to establish a bad minority government to Israel.”
Miri Regev- Minister of Culture and Sport, MK Likud (Facebook, 15 March)
“Tibi7(…) you joined today a network of terrorists who raised the sign of victory V when they thought that they won. Gantz, Bogie, Ashkenazi and Lieberman 8 are you enjoying a good life with your new partner? (…)”
Shlomo Karhi, MK Likud (Times of Israel, 14 March)
“The chance that the leader of the Joint List of terror supporters will be head of the opposition, with monthly security updates from the prime minister, is too dangerous.”9
Shlomo Karhi, MK Likud (Twitter, 14 March)
“It is a shame that you 10and your fellow comrades are in the Knesset by virtue of our democracy. Your place is in Ramallah or prison. The murderer, the racist, the anti-Semitic and the terror supporter is you(…)”
Naftali Bennett – Minister of ‘Defense’, MK Yemina – The New Right party (Twitter, 13 March)
“You are a liar, anti-Semitic and bastard. These are not IDF forces. It is the Palestinian Authority that has decided to disinfect the checkpoint 11(…) Incredibly, Bogie, Lieberman, Gantz, Gabi and Lapid 12 are ready to form a government with you.”
Bezalel Smotrich – Minister of Transportation and Road Safety, MK Yemina – The Right Right party (Twitter, March 12)
“(…) The members of the Joint List were and remain terror supporters who deny Israel's existence as a Jewish state and support the worst enemies of Israel, they have no place in any government!(…)”
Israel Katz – Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Intelligence, MK Likud in an interview with Israel’s Radio Kan (Middle East Monitor, 10 March)
“We heard Benny Gantz, chairman of Blue and White, speaking about forming a minority government supported by the Joint Arab List. Such matter has not taken place even in the era of Rabin. They opposed the Arab League’s decision to recognize Hezbollah as a terrorist organization. They are terrorists wearing suits.”
Bezalel Smotrich – Minister of Transportation and Road Safety, MK Yemina – The Right Right party calling for the expulsion of Palestinian citizens of Israel (Times of Israel, 8 March)
“But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live.”13
Miri Regev – Minister of Culture and Sport, MK Likud (Facebook, 7 March)
“Gantz is not even good at mathematics, the majority of Jews are Zionists and chose Netanyahu not you. Shame on you, you are selling the Zionist project to win your seat. You lied to the voters on the eve of elections, you will sit with Al-Tibi. A former chief of staff 14 who is relying on the supporters of terror, you made Arafat smile in his grave.”
Naftali Bennett – Minister of ‘Defense’, MK Yemina – The New Right party (Facebook, 5 March)
“(…) MK Ayman Odeh supports terrorists murderers like Barghouti15 . MK Heba Yazbak praises a terrorist who threw a Jewish baby into the fire (…) An Israeli government that relies on the votes of the Joint List which is supporting terror, constitutes an immediate threat to the security of the citizens of Israel and its soldiers(…)”
Miki Zohar, MK Likud addressing Blue and White party (Twitter, 4 March)
“(…) It hurts us to see your awful hatred for Netanyahu, this is what brought you to collaborate with terror supporters like Heba Yazbak 16(…)”
Ofir Katz, MK Likud addressing MK Oded Forer of Yisrael Beitenu party (Twitter, 4 March)
“Just a month ago you sat next to me in the Supreme Court following the petition that we filed 17 , and I was shocked by the fact that Yazbak who praise terrorists will sit in the Knesset, now you cooperate with her against those who protect us from terrorists? Simply it’s a shame.”
Bezalel Smotrich – Minister of Transportation and Road Safety, MK Yemina – The Right Right party (Twitter, 3 March)
“Ayman 18, you know well that you and your ungrateful friends are living here in a prosperous democracy enjoying civil rights and a good life just because there is a Jewish majority here. Otherwise your life would look like most of your brothers in the surrounding Arab states. Maybe if you go there for a little to try you will begin to appreciate the Jewish majority here.”
II. Additional Examples
Eli Cohen, MK Likud on rally held in the State of Michigan in the U.S. in support of US Senator of the Democratic Party Bernie Sanders. Eli Cohen described the speakers who took the stage in support of the Senator as "Anti-Semites". Among the speakers was Palestinian- American comedian and filmmaker Amer Zaher (Twitter, 9 March)
"WATCH: Anti-Semites speaking at "Proud Jew" Bernie Sanders' Rally"
- 1. MKs Blue and White party.
- 2. Ibid.
- 3. The Joint List was assigned to head the interim Knesset labor, welfare, and health committee tasked with aiding what they call “terror victims.” Netanyahu criticized this decision calling it a “disgrace.” The decision to establish this temporary committee was made by the Knesset Arrangements Committee, which is chaired by MK Avi Nissankoren of Blue and White party.
- 4. The tweet was deleted later.
- 5. In reference to Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound.
- 6. About Yuli-Yoel Edelstein, former Knesset Speaker and member of Likud party, who was replaced by Benny Gantz MK, Chairman of Blue and White party.
- 7. In reference to Ahmad Al- Tibi, MK of the Joint List party.
- 8. About MKs Benny Gantz and Gavriel (Gabi) Ashkenazi of the Blue and White party. Avigdor Lieberman, MK Yisrael Beitenu party. And Moshe Ya’alon (Bogie), MK Yesh Atid-Telem party. Bogie was a former member of the Blue and White party. Yesh Atid and Telem factions have recently split off from the Blue and White alliance.
- 9. MK Likud Shlomo Karhi announced that he would put forward a bill to limit the powers of the opposition leader on the ground. It targets the Joint List party to prevent MK Ayman Odeh from being the head of the party.
- 10. In reference to Samy Abu Shahadeh, MK of the Joint List party.
- 11. About MK Aida Touma -Sliman of the Joint List party, who in a tweet accused the Israeli occupation forces of committing an atrocity by spraying Palestinians at the Qalqilya checkpoint with an unknown substance.
- 12. About MKs Benny Gantz and Gavriel (Gabi) Ashkenazi of the Blue and White party. Avigdor Lieberman, MK Yisrael Beitenu party. And MKs Yair Lapid and Moshe Ya’alon (Bogie) of the Yesh Atid-Telem party, which have recently split off from the Blue and White alliance.
- 13. Addressing MKs Aida Touma- Sliman and Mtanes Shihadeh of the Joint List, who stressed on combating Israel’s discrimination against the Palestinian citizens of Israel. Smotrich posted a verse from a Book titled “Numbers Barbs in Your Eyes,” a phrase used by Kahane, to call for the expulsion of Palestinian citizens of Israel.
- 14. In reference to the chairman of the Blue and White party, MK Benny Gantz.
- 15. About Marwan Barghouti, Fatah Central Committee Member and Parliamentarian, who is still imprisoned by Israel.
- 16. Member of the Joint List party.
- 17. In January 2020, Likud petitioned the Central Election Commission (CEC) to disqualify MK Heba Yazbak from running in the elections held on 2 March. The CEC voted in favor of the Likud’s petition. The ruling was moved to the Supreme Court that decided to overturn it.
- 18. MK Ayman Odeh, MK of the Joint List party.
July 02, 2020
May 12, 2020
April 15, 2020